If we have learned one thing over the years, it is that people love the Imola. Given the incredible component set, value, and lifetime warranty it is easy to see why, but we thought we could make it even better. So, for 2017 we decided to upgrade the Tommaso Imola yet again, making it undoubtedly the best value for any entry level road bike on the planet. We upgraded the handlebars, cassette, and brakes to a level that no other bike manufacturer can touch for $499. That’s right, the 2017 Imola has a full Shimano Claris Groupset! This full Shimano groupset goes onto the lightweight and ultra-durable 6061 SLA Aluminum compact frame with premium Tommaso Corsa TC20 wheels, making for the best Imola in our history. Unlike other brands, at Tommaso we don’t try to save a few bucks by using non-Shimano cranks as we believe your contact point with the bike is of unparalleled importance.
The Imola offers 24 speeds of pure power and performance wherever the road takes you. Thanks to the full Shimano Claris drivetrain, the components work together in perfect harmony, for maximum performance. This means the Imola can climb like a dream, while offering the speed you demand on the flats. Unlike other manufacturers who cut cost with no name brakesets, we upgraded the 2017 Imola to Shimano Claris brakes. We did this, because we think stopping on a dime is just as important as going fast.
The Imola frame was engineered by our design team using the latest advances in shaped tubing and frame design to produce a lightweight, but powerful frame. Tommaso Corsa TC20 wheelset was designed to be both light and durable, while providing maximum speed and control. The Imola comes equipped with our exclusive UltraCompact handlebar which allows every rider to ride more comfortably in the drops, which reduces your wind resistance and allows you to ride longer and faster.
- YOU DON’T NEED TO SPEND MORE THAN $600: Because Tommaso is a direct to the consumer brand you can now get a bike with 100% Shimano gears, super lightweight aluminum frame, and lightweight wheels for under $600. Tommaso gives you value like no other brand. We provide a lifetime frame warranty and great service through our U.S. based customer service team.
- STEP UP TO THE BRAND NEW SHIMANO CLARIS R2000: The Shifters, Derailleurs, Crank, and Brakes are all new 2018 Claris. R2000 Claris STI shifters now mimic 105 and Tiagra components up the line. Cables are routed under the bar for a clean look that shifts perfectly. Only bikes with integrated shifters and brake levers will perform at optimal levels. Don’t be fooled by imitators using off-brand cranks or shifters, they aren’t optimized for Shimano gearing and can’t deliver precision shifting.
- YOU DESERVE A COMFORTABLE RIDE: Our compact frame geometry offers a more relaxed position for all riding styles, with a shallow handlebar drop so that you can still be comfortable when riding in the lower handlebar position. We even added extra control on turns by equipping the Imola with wider 25mm, 700c road bike tires. Every part of the Imola is designed for maximum comfort and efficiency, so that you can get the most out of every ride
- THE IMOLA IS AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE, NOT ENTRY LEVEL: If you are just getting into cycling or returning after a long hiatus, this is your bike. New and returning cyclists don’t need “beginner bikes”, that won’t meet your needs or last. You deserve affordable performance! The Imola embodies the idea of affordable performance with a full Shimano groupset you hope is on bikes costing $100’s more. Compare the Imola’s specs with any bike, and you will see the difference between us and the competition
- BUILT TO LAST: All too often things are made cheaply and break before their time. We believe that bikes should be reliable and built to last. This is why we use the highest quality aluminum in our bikes, and back it with our industry leading lifetime warranty. We also use only Shimano components, which are backed up with Shimano’s two year warranty and are designed function better and last longer than anything else on the market. Ride with confidence, knowing your new bike was built to last!